I don't have many best friends. I have lots of good friends, and plenty of acquaintances, but a select few that I can actually be myself with. Shocker, huh? Recently, one of my bff's, (yes, I know) called to butter me up. He was being very nice, very interested in my current goings on and very attentive to my rants and raves. When that conversation ended, there was a slight silence followed by the following statement: "Ummm, how would you feel if I took Petunia to a ball game? Would it bother you?" Yes, my ex girlfriend. Our relationship (Petunia and I) ended amicably. There were no punches thrown or sugar-in-the-gas-tank-stories. We merely decided to part ways. We had the same circle of friends, so it's not like he looked her up randomly. I played the whole "she's not my girl anymore so you can do what you want with whoever you want" speech. He didn't buy it. He finally said that because it was still a semi-sore subject for me, he would refrain from asking her. I will spare you the rest of the convo, because it went back and forth for a while, but my question to you is should I really care if he takes my ex girl to a game with him? He ended up asking her anyway but she couldn't take the time off to go with him. Surprising. Pendejo.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
One man's trash...
I don't have many best friends. I have lots of good friends, and plenty of acquaintances, but a select few that I can actually be myself with. Shocker, huh? Recently, one of my bff's, (yes, I know) called to butter me up. He was being very nice, very interested in my current goings on and very attentive to my rants and raves. When that conversation ended, there was a slight silence followed by the following statement: "Ummm, how would you feel if I took Petunia to a ball game? Would it bother you?" Yes, my ex girlfriend. Our relationship (Petunia and I) ended amicably. There were no punches thrown or sugar-in-the-gas-tank-stories. We merely decided to part ways. We had the same circle of friends, so it's not like he looked her up randomly. I played the whole "she's not my girl anymore so you can do what you want with whoever you want" speech. He didn't buy it. He finally said that because it was still a semi-sore subject for me, he would refrain from asking her. I will spare you the rest of the convo, because it went back and forth for a while, but my question to you is should I really care if he takes my ex girl to a game with him? He ended up asking her anyway but she couldn't take the time off to go with him. Surprising. Pendejo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment